Thursday, August 9, 2012

WTF with Marc Maron / Episode 275 - Chelsea Handler

Marc Maron: When you did stand up, how much stand up did you really do? I mean, how many years were you doing it? When you were touring? Were you ever a draw? As just a stand up? Before the shows?

Chelsea Handler: Yeah, I was headlining before I got my show. Clubs and stuff. I started doing stand up when I was 21. I did my first week on the road with Zach Galifianakis and Dave Attell in San Francisco at The Punch Line. Which was the funniest week of my life. And I was really bad. 

MM: Was Attell headlining?

CH: Yeah. And Zach was middling and I opened.

MM: Wow. 

CH: I was really bad. But I got good, I mean it takes a long time to get good at stand up. It takes a long time. And I didn't get good until I had to. Until I was headlining. Like I didn't have an hour until I had to have an hour. 

WTF with Marc Maron / Episode 275 - Chelsea Handler / aprox 00:29:00

No comments:

Post a Comment