Monday, August 6, 2012

Joe Rogan Experience #223: Bobcat Goldthwait


Joe Rogan: Can you watch people bomb?

Bobcat Goldthwait: Yeah, I have no problem watching…

JR: It doesn’t bother you at all?

BG: Oh, it feels right. You know. Like watching people eat shit is probably one of the few things that entertains me in a comedy club.

JR: Really?

BG: Yeah, yeah. Yeah, I have no compassion for them. You know, I think its great. I love to watch someone eat shit.

JR: Why is that?

BG: Because, because, here’s the thing. Here’s something that at one point I took really serious and you’re trying to think that its just easy. Or you’re just thinking that…

JR: How about if they’re just bombing. They don’t have to be thinking that…

BG: Again, like a talented comedian bombing is hilarious, you know?

JR: Is it really?

BG: Oh my god, Kevin Meaney bombing is the funniest fucking thing on the planet.

JR: I can see that he’s very animated, very funny guy.

BG: It’s the best. Kevin Meaney bombing, “(singing) I don’t care if my jokes don’t go over…”

JR: But that’s just Kevin Meaney. That’s not even real bombing. He’s singing. He’s having a joyous time. Real bombing is not knowing what’s coming next… you’re just eating it up there… you can’t remember your material and your fucking mouth is dry… bricks of shit are tumbling out of your mouth and you’re trying to pass them off as gold to the crowd… overhyping every fucking premise ‘cause, “This is the one that’s going to turn this set around.”



Joe Rogan Experience #223: Bobcat Goldthwait / aprox 1:54:00

No comments:

Post a Comment