Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Exclusive Interview with Comedian Jim Jeffries

Jim Jeffries: Well, I officially started at 23, but ah, I’m 35 now. But I did three open spots when I was 17 in Sydney. And, the first one went really good and the second one went really badly and the third one went even worse. The third one, cause I was 17, my dad had to walk me into the venue. I had to have a parent with me.

So when I went in with my dad, after the third one, he said it wasn’t for me. And he gave me a fatherly chat and said, “I don’t think this is for you (laughs).” And I still wanted to do it.

I don’t watch any stand-up comedy really any more on account that I don’t like to get influenced by anyone or have anyone’s jokes start seeping into mine or anything like that so I just don’t watch anything. But when I was a young fella, when I was 14–15, that’s all I did… was watch stand-up comedy.

Exclusive Interview with Comedian Jim Jeffries / by Chris Topher / funnysouthflorida.com / Excerpt 1

No comments:

Post a Comment