Monday, August 27, 2012

Joe Rogan Experience #223: Bobcat Goldthwait

Bobcat Goldthwait: I have a blue collar background so my whole thing is actually trying to go out and do a show for people, you know? I mean, it sounds corny and stuff but if you're there to see me I try to work really hard. Now if I end up on a bill with other comics then I don't mind screwing around. You know what I mean. On Comic Relief I would dress up as Christ and do magic tricks, you know, "Water to wine, wine to water, tap the deck, and back to rice again." And I was The Amazing Christo and stuff. That's an example of me just having fun. But if you come out to see my show I am going to work really hard. I mean, you don't want to disappoint people that have actually paid to see you. 

Joe Rogan: I feel the exact same way and I know what you're saying about, "It sounds kinda corny." But its admirable. That's the relationship, that's how its supposed to be. They're paying and you wanna do the best fucking possible job you can. Just the fact that you're asking people to pay to hear you talk sounds ridiculous.

BG: You gotta work really hard. But my friend John Evens and I always say this and its kind of true... Unfortunately in comedy, you're trying to keep the dumbest person in the room occupied. You know what I'm saying?  




Joe Rogan Experience #223: Bobcat Goldthwait / aprox 1:48:00

No comments:

Post a Comment