Thursday, August 30, 2012

Oprah Presents Master Class with Lorne Michaels

Lorne Michaels: Generally, with writers, its been my experience that unless actively discouraged, you tend to write your last hit. Over and over, until the audience or someone else, discourages you from doing it.

-------

Lorne Michaels: My only real plan was to find the most talented people I could find. It had to be people that made you laugh, but it also had to be people that you could drive across country with and not kill.

-------

Lorne Michaels: As a producer your job is to actively discourage creativity. Creativity is generally defined as, “I want to express myself and I need a lot of time to do it.” If you’re writing a front page, there’s only so many things that you can say that are important enough to be on that front page.

Oprah Presents Master Class with Lorne Michaels / Aired: 01/30/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment