Thursday, June 7, 2012

Girl on Guy with Aisha Tyler #38: Jimmy Pardo


Aisha Tyler: You didn’t want it (a gig for a commercial/host gig that was auditioned for)…

Jimmy Pardo: You didn’t want me for that!

AT: That’s the thing. I didn’t want this job but the fact that I didn’t get it…? What the fuck? I’m too good for them!

JP: That’s how I really was for commercials too. I hated… the day that I stopped auditioning for commercials was the greatest day of my showbiz career because I just… white-knuckled across the city from one place to another to try to get a commercial. “You know, but if you score one, you make a million dollars.” Yeah, but I never fuckin’ did! So now I’m just driving myself crazy.

AT: It’s miserable. It’s literally like auditioning to be like a sex worker. Like you walk in and they’re like, “Turn to the left, turn to the right, nah, go, next!”

JP: And they know right then and there….

AT: “Chew. We’d like to see you chew. We don’t like the way you chewed. We don’t like your jaw motion. Get out.”

JP: One of my very last auditions for a commercial… it was to wave. You know, do your line then give a little wave. And, you know, “Make it your own!”

AT: I like your wave that you just did right now.

JP: Well, that’s the wave I did. And they went, “Ah, you know what, that’s not the wave we’re looking for.” I go, “How about this one? Bye-Bye.” And I walked out. That was my last commercial audition. I couldn’t… my ‘wave’ is wrong? Fuck you.

Girl on Guy with Aisha Tyler #38: Jimmy Pardo / 3/13/12 / aprox 1:11:00

No comments:

Post a Comment