Thursday, June 28, 2012

CNN LARRY KING LIVE / Interview With Roseanne Barr

Larry King: Tough audience?

Roseanne Barr: No, they were just awesome. It's funny how I did it because I had stage fright to do stand-up, so I put in a — in order to like force myself to do stand-up I put in a part of my act where I take my clothes off because I'm like, "If you think this is bad, wait until you take your clothes off." That's how I kind of like tricked myself over my fear and stuff plus meditation.

But then after the taking your clothes off, I come out and I say, I say "Dancing in my underwear is nothing compared to the fear of singing in public, which I'm about to overcome now." So, it's like I have to trick myself to do stand-up. I have to like do my other worst fears, dancing in my underwear and singing a song but I don't know why it works.

LK: You're still a little nuts right?

RB: Yes, I know I am but you could get your mental illness and stuff to work for you. You could actually direct it and get it to work for you.

LK: That's right, take it and let it -- use it you can...

RB: Yes, because I do have a lot of fear of people and being in public and, you know, I have a lot of fear period but I just like try to always overcome my fear and for some reason that works for me.

CNN LARRY KING LIVE / Interview With Roseanne Barr / Aired March 2, 2006 - 21:00 ET

No comments:

Post a Comment