Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Bobcat Goldthwait Interview

Christopher Baker: Is it tough to stay grounded when you’re now living in Los Angeles?

Bobcat Goldthwait: LA is a funny place. My daughter went to a very private school in LA and people always ask me, “Was she treated differently because you’re in show business?” But in LA, being Bobcat Goldthwait’s daughter is not a big deal at all. The other kids would be like {in a snotty kid’s voice}, “Oh, Bobcat Goldthwait’s your dad? My dad canceled his show.” Everybody is somebody there.

There’s this funny thing that country music stars do the most. They say {in a mocking twangy, country singer voice}, “You know I just try to keep it real and I just live here in this small town and I don’t go to Holly-weird.” But if you’re in show business, Los Angeles is the most humbling place on the planet. It doesn’t matter who you are; you’re just another guy that works in show business. When you refuse to sell out and live in a small town, you’re the biggest guy there.

Bobcat Goldthwait Interview / by Christopher Baker / Wednesday, April 25,2012 / Syracuse New Times

No comments:

Post a Comment