Thursday, May 31, 2012

Fitzdog Radio: Eddie Brill

Eddie Brill: My comedy has really changed in a way… I’m really talking about stuff that I want to talk about. You know, I was very close to a lot of really great comics who are no longer with us. And I will name drop to help the story: Bill Hicks, George Carlin… people who gave me a lot of advice and they always told me ‘just to be yourself and you’re so funny and smart off stage and when you go onstage you’re doing this dance and you’re funny but it’s not really you.’ So in the last three years or so I’ve really just told it like it is and people are really responding in an incredible way. Even my peers are like, ‘Eddie, this is really what you should be doing.’

Greg Fitzsimmons: I’ve seen the change. Because you know what it is? You’re a guy who is… as a laughs-per-minute guy, you’re probably up there with the best of ‘em. Constant. And then to go into more of a free-form, ‘Here’s what I believe, here’s what I feel passion about…’ You’re not getting laughs-per-minute, but you realize it doesn’t matter. Because when you hit one, it’s like…

EB: BOOM!

Fitzdog Radio: Eddie Brill / aprox. 12:30

No comments:

Post a Comment