Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Bearded, Hungry, Hilarious, Storytelling Genius that is Kyle Kinane


Serial Optimist: When you get hecklers, what is your reaction? Do you ignore them, bust their balls, have fun with it, or just embarrass the shit out of them?

Kyle Kinane: I hate them. I don’t travel all over the place to come babysit drunks. If they’re malicious, I go after them. I have no qualms asking people to leave or having them kicked out. If they’re drunk and affable, I try to have some fun but let them know that they should shut up after a minute. But if they’re dicks, I want them gone. If I’m in the middle of a longer story, and I get interrupted, it messes with the whole flow. I don’t care what Bill Burr says about how comedy should be this tough guy boxing match between a performer and an audience. I don’t believe that at all. Bill Burr is great at it, don’t get me wrong, as are a lot of guys. But it’s not my style.

The Bearded, Hungry, Hilarious, Storytelling Genius that is Kyle Kinane / Author: Zhila Shariat Published: Apr 24th, 2012 / www.serialoptimist.com

No comments:

Post a Comment