Monday, November 19, 2012

Joe Rogan Experience #193: Jim Gaffigan

Joe Rogan: Some people get tired of the stress. I mean Jim and I were talking about how much we love stand-up and we would never quit doing it. But everybody's got a different psychological make-up. And for some people, the anxiety of performance is really intense. 

Jim Gaffigan: Its also, I think some of it is luck. I mean it is a real cruel business. 

JR: Yes.

JG: So, I mean, I was definitely an angry guy. A lot of people were successful before me and I was angry for a couple years.

JR: You were bitter?

JG: Yeah.

JR: Really? How did you get yourself out of that?

JG: Therapy. 

JR: Really?

JR: Yeah. You know. And just also I came to the conclusion that I was not doing stand-up... you know I wanted to be... I was happy for my friends' success but I felt like I was a failure. But like I had to come to the conclusion: What is success? And what success is, is like doing what you love and actually getting paid for it. And so then I adopted that attitude. And then things started going my way. 

Joe Rogan Experience #193: Jim Gaffigan / aprox 50:56


No comments:

Post a Comment