Monday, November 12, 2012

Joe Rogan Experience #193: Jim Gaffigan

Jim Gaffigan: I had more time so I was working out more consistently and not eating horribly at three in the morning. And it entered my mind, its like, am I going to be too in-shape for some of these jokes? But that's just me being neurotic. 

JR: (laughing) Am I going to be too in shape for some of these jokes! That's hilarious. What a great escape clause: My act is so important I can't do sit-ups.

JG: I can't, you know, I work out but it might mess up that third chunk in the hour. 

JR: This is so stupid but I really believe this. I was getting into meditation and I was getting into yoga and a bunch of things when I was young. And when I first started getting into comedy, I thought about it and I said, you know what? Maybe I shouldn't do this 'cause maybe becoming more enlightened is probably bad for my act. 'Cause then I wouldn't be making fun of so many things or picking as many victims...

JG: Now that's a comedian thinking there, right?

JR: Especially Boston-style comedy is so mean, so attack-style. And I was thinking, man, if I become enlightened and I was all like peace and love, this would be terrible for my act. And I'm not going to stop being a comedian. 

JG: I wouldn't want to eat healthy, you know? I think I got another hour in me being fat.

Joe Rogan Experience #193: Jim Gaffigan / aprox 50:56

No comments:

Post a Comment