Thursday, November 1, 2012

Casa de Haha Podcast: John Wynn

John Wynn: You can’t copyright ideas. You know what I mean? So a lot of… you have to create it. You have to create the idea. You can’t just have the idea. And its like comedy too, man. You can have the premise but until you really come up with a great punchline for it… the idea can’t be copyrighted.

Daniel Reskin: Its open…

JW: Yeah, its open.

DR: You haven’t breathed life into it.

JW: Yeah. But its when you have the punchline… that’s your take on it, I think. That’s the way I look at comedy a little bit. The premise is everything. The premise, the topic of whatever you’re talking about, is everything that people experience. But its your point of view that makes it funny. Its your perspective… and that’s the punchline. So I get very frustrated when I see a lot of new comics essentially doing someone else’s punchline because its someone else’s perspective… its someone else’s point of view.

Casa de Haha Podcast: John Wynn / Aprox. 00:31:30

1 comment:

  1. Did you see how eloquent I am? I just coaxed the profoundness right outta Johnny Wynnterview.

    You did see. You learn fast, Jura-san!

    ReplyDelete