Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Selene Luna

Punk Globe: Have you had any really bad shows?

Selene Luna: Ha! Yes, of course! Bad shows are learning moments for performers. I did a comedy festival in Maine last summer where I completely bombed. I simply wasn’t connecting with the audience, and that happens sometimes. I was tortured about the experience for months. I had the opportunity to return to Maine this January where it was much of the same audience. This time, my set went great and felt thoroughly redeemed. My work was simply better because I learned from previously bombing.

Selene Luna Interview from Punk Globe / Saturday, May 12, 2012

-------

Accidental Bear: What’s the best excuse you have ever come up with for calling in sick to work?

Selene Luna: Wow, it’s probably been like 15 years. Well, in showbiz nobody calls in sick, that’s like a foreign concept. Let me clarify, people think it’s all glamorous, but it’s not. There is no human resources, sick days, no calling in sick, there are no perks like that. It’s privileges to be working and nobody fuck with it.

Selene Luna Has a Passion For Bears and Her Spunky Career / accidentalbear.com

------

Adam Lawton: Being involved in both standup comedy and acting is there one type of performance that has been more of a challenge than the other?

Selene Luna: I will do whatever I can get my hands on. To be honest it’s all equally challenging. As far as gratification goes I get the most gratification from performing live on stage. I love theater and live performance. That is my number one passion. Both types of performance are challenging and require tenacity and leather skin.

Selene Luna chats about her career and working with Margaret Cho / By Adam Lawton / May 18, 2012 

No comments:

Post a Comment