Friday, July 13, 2012

Girl on Guy with Aisha Tyler #7: Paul F. Tompkins

Aisha Tyler: One thing I think is interesting about being a comic is that you are uniquely positioned to be the architect of your own salvation. Because you really can just go do comedy. You can just go be a comic. Under almost any circumstances with no help and no money. Where as for actors, they’ve just got their hands out and they’re just constantly in a begging posture… just contantly begging for something.

Paul F. Tompkins: Well, my wife is an actress, you know. It is, um, the times when she has to wait between jobs, its terrible. And its hard to watch too because I know that, at the very least, I can just go out and perform. Even if I’m not getting paid for it…

AT: You can ply your craft…

Girl on Guy with Aisha Tyler #7: Paul F. Tompkins / 8/30/11

No comments:

Post a Comment