Friday, July 6, 2012

Kevin Perry Interview at “The Fort”

Kevin Perry: It was probably my third show ever, and I didn’t know who Adrian Mesa was, and it was a show with Wendi Starling, and I didn’t know all these people. I had just met them. I had brought a friend out there, this dude was just in prison for doing two murders. He had just got out from doing twenty years and it was at this little artsy place.

Adrian Mesa was doing this thing on the piano, and the piano breaks. And it took him like 20 minutes to fix the piano, and he went right back into doing a piano bit instead of just moving with the show. So I go outside, and I didn’t know who he is, and I’m like:

“Yeah, the piano thing kind of messed things up”

And he’s like “Who are you?”

And I’m like, “My name’s Kevin.”

He goes, “How long have you been doing this?”

I go, “About a month or two.”

He’s like, “I’ve toured all over the world and stuff, sir.” (Kevin laughs here)

And I’ve always regretted that I opened my mouth like that. I thought I was just being helpful, but nobody gives a shit about your opinion, you tell everybody, “Nice set.” “Great set” “Nice set” “Great set”

And they’ll ask you about their opinion.

Unless it’s somebody close to you, the guys you do this stuff with every night, and they really want it. For the most part nobody gives a shit about your opinion. Nobody gives a shit about your opinion until you earn it.

Kevin Perry Interview at “The Fort” / by Chris Topher and Nelio Costa / funnysouthflorida.com

No comments:

Post a Comment