Saturday, July 28, 2012

Girl on Guy with Aisha Tyler #38: Jimmy Pardo

Jimmy Pardo: My friend Paul Gilmartin… Paul is one of my best friends in the world and he sat me down a couple of times while I was drinking and saying, “You know, I think you’re getting out of hand.” And I’m like, “Nah! I’m not!” Cause in my head I was like ‘I’m not addicted to it…”

Aisha Tyler: And its not affecting your ability to perform your job…

JP: Only twice it did. One time I had a meltdown on stage. Rockford, Illinois. Where I ended the show in a fetal position begging people to leave. And I stayed on stage for 2 hours because I wanted them to leave so that I didn’t have to walk past them.

AT: Oh! So, once the room is clear it will be safe…

JP: That’s what I thought. And I actually heard a guy come in and say, “This guy is still up there?”And then I came off stage and the manager is like, “What was that?” It was a shitty one-nighter in Rockford, Illinois. And I said, “Yeah! Where’s my check?” And he goes, “I should pay you for that?” And I go, “You’re damn right you’re paying me!” And I think he just paid me to get me the fuck out of there. Because he shouldn’t have paid me. I didn’t do anything. I just cried on stage for…. I was going through a shitty time in my life and had a horrible breakup and over-drinking and that was maybe a time where I was… it was more than just boredom. I was trying to numb myself.

Girl on Guy with Aisha Tyler #38: Jimmy Pardo / 3/13/12 / aprox 1:22:00

No comments:

Post a Comment