Saturday, March 31, 2012

Tom Green Live at the SModCastle #3

Bobcat Goldthwait: I have been trying to go a little easier on the celebrity bashing just because...

Tom Green: Who are the celebrities you like to bash the most?

BG: I really don’t, and I used to do that, you know what I’m saying, it used to make me feel…, but usually when I’m bashing a celebrity I’m, uh you know, like the other day, this is a true story, I was in Staples over in Studio City, and uh, I look, I go, “Who’s that fat guy dressed as Dice Clay in 2010”, and I go, “oh, it is Dice Clay”. And, and he, here’s the difference: like if you saw me, right, I would just be walking around going ‘hey, how are ya’ and he’s actually going ‘ehhhhh, I need some TO-ner, dehhhh;. You know, and you’re like, “Wow, really man? Really, you need that much attention?” (in Dice’s Voice) “Where’s your THREE-HOLE-PA-PER? Ehhhhh.”

I was like, so I whip out my phone cause I want to get a picture of him and I’m thinking how dada is this? I really hope someone comes behind me going, “Oh my god…”, like Emos going, “There’s Bobcat taking a picture of Dice,” like, like, how many Russian Dolls are inside there?

TG: But that’s who Dice is though. Just that, that is who Dice is…

BG: But then he ruins it for us other persona comedians. Cause he, you know, cause they… you know Andy Kaufman was a huge, you know, influence on me or even Steve Martin, you know you’d watch him and so for folks to not understand that these were personas that people came up with… but what I’m learning is that people really… There’s two things, they can’t separate them and the other thing is that they really don’t want to separate them.

Because it’s like, the last two movies I made went to Sundance and its much easier for people to go, “Bobcat Goldthwait made a movie, Bleh Bloo Bleh” and then they, their brains, they can’t, they go, “We already thought you were a, awww we wanted you to be a just, a fucking, a trivia thing. We just wanted you to be the loud screaming retard from Police Academy. Now you made a movie at Sundance, fuck, we’ve already figured you out who you were, what do you mean you’re making… goddammit, this is confusing!”

So you know, I don’t care, I just keep doing what I’m doing.



Tom Green Live at the SModCastle #3

No comments:

Post a Comment