Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Fitzdog Radio: Merrill Markoe


Merrill Markoe: I heard this scary thing on this podcast that I was on yesterday. They said that guys get on stage now, and I haven’t been to clubs lately, so I’m…  but I mean really lately… He said they just get on stage now and read their tweets off their phones.

Greg Fitzsimmons: Really?

MM: And I just thought, you mean is there no place, not even on stage, where you’re not staring at your phone? You’re telling me you even, when you get on stage, you’re just gonna stand there and stare at your phone? That sounds like, I, I would kill myself if I were in the audience and a comic got up and just started scrolling on his phone…

GF: But that’s what I’m saying Alternative Comedy has turned into… Its like literally like, “I’m not trying… I’m just talking.”

MM: Well who needs that?

No comments:

Post a Comment