Sunday, March 18, 2012

WTF with Marc Maron / Episode 238 - Michael Ian Black

Marc Maron: The same reason that I may have hated you as a person is the reason why you were, ah, a great stand-up performer… is that you were set in your character. I mean the thing about, the hardest thing about doing stand-up, is having that character, or having a character at all other than jokes and you already had that.

Michael Ian Black: I did but it wasn’t necessarily… as I got older, and as I progressed and continue to progress, it wasn’t necessarily, it isn’t or wasn’t necessarily where I want to remain, ah, I think you can be a smug asshole and have that be fun and funny for awhile, and for me its been X number of years but at a certain point it becomes limiting. And so I’m trying to sort of break through that a little bit and part of that involves trying to learn how to, umm, how to really be myself and expose myself and that’s hard to do….

MM: Or talk about your kids…

MIB: Talk about my kids. Talk about my life, talk about my feelings…

MM: Yeah…

MIB: Which you know, for a long time I denied even having.



WTF with Marc Maron / Episode 238 - Michael Ian Black / aprox 1:03:00

No comments:

Post a Comment