Sunday, March 18, 2012

Charlie Murphy: I Will Not Apologize


I’ve literally been all over the world doing stand-up comedy. Who would’ve figured that? Not me. I mean I could’ve figured myself doing a lot of other things but not stand-up comedy. But look, look where I’m at man. And this only because, you know, when the opportunity came, I wasn’t afraid to go after it.

So if you’re the kind of person who, you know, is on the fence about what you want to do with your life, look at what Charlie Murphy did. Opportunity came, I didn’t know how it was going to turn out, I just wasn’t afraid to try it. I wasn’t afraid to fail, I wasn’t afraid to fall, so I took the walk, I walked the walk, I walked through the fire, you know, and its been a very, very enlightening experience. I mean, you know, look at me now man, everything boils down to this one moment, where I step on the stage and do one hour of stand-up comedy. Wow.

Just thinking about it makes actually me sleepy. So, uh, I’m a lay down and take a nap. When I get up, lights on.


- Charlie Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment