Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Tom Green Live at the SModCastle #3

Bobcat Goldthwait: I used to always dig a hole for myself, you know. I did a bunch of dates opening for Nirvana and the first one I did I was in Chicago and Michael Jordan had retired from basketball. And uh, I don’t know anything about sports and neither did Nirvana. We’re like going, “What the fuck is going on”, cause everyone had these homemade sheets and signs that said, “We still love you Michael”. And we’re going, “What?”, and so it was explained to us. (laughs) It was explained to Kurt and I why the town was so upset.

So, um, I walked out in front of a crowd there to see Nirvana and I go, “Hey, I feel bad for Michael Jordan but you know for 40 million dollars a year I’d shoot my own dad in the fuckin head.” And, um, the noise wasn’t even a ‘boo’, it was just ‘Deh!’, it was, it was fuck you, kill him, get him, all at the same time, ‘DEH!’ was the noise.

And I go, “Eh, all you punk rock fans, fuck you, your mom and dad dropped you off in a mini-van, you can, you know fuck off…”, and uh, I said, “I’ll talk all night and you’ll never see your precious Nirvanas.” And then, you know, as I walked past Kurt he was the only one laughing. (laughs)

Tom Green: Sure.

BG: I also, I remember the pit stopped moving, but like there was all this bustling trying to get up to the front, and I said that and it was just like, “Hey man…”

TG: But its almost like, you know that’s the ultimate moment of, of, you know, you’ve pissed off the entire audience and you walk by and Kurt Cobain is sitting there laughing, that’s you know, that’s, you know…

BG: But here’s the thing, I think you can understand this too, it’s like, you know Robin Williams is a good friend of mine and I think he really wants the whole world to go, “Hey Robin, you’re the funniest guy and you’re, you know…”, and he’s the closest you’re going to get, right, to getting that. And I’m like, I’ve always like, well I don’t, he and I would do shows together and people would go how did it go last night? And I go, “Robin Williams showed up, he did a show, it was great”, and then they go, “Fuckin Bobcat was there, do you know what he said?”. And I was saying to Robin, I go, “I own them, you know, they’re still fuckin pissed off at my set and meanwhile you know they just think you’re a great guy.”

You know, and um, I’ve gotten past that a little bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment