Sunday, April 8, 2012

WTF with Marc Maron / Episode 228 - Merrill Markoe

Merrill Markoe: And I’ve also come to realize that, you know, I’m very snobby about comedy. I either think its really funny or I don’t. I instantly… you’re either on my wavelength or you’re not, but I also realize that there is a whole world of things that people are laughing at that you cannot not call funny. They are funny, they’re making a big group of people laugh. They’re not funny to me. But they’re definitely funny or a big group of people wouldn’t be laughing so…

Marc Maron: Right, well yeah, because as I talk to more and more comics, like… my snobbery has diminished in light of what it really takes to be funny. You know, like it, it, no matter whether you like the jokes or not, to do comedy and to make it work is no small fucking task.


No comments:

Post a Comment