Monday, April 30, 2012

Girl on Guy with Aisha Tyler #7: Paul F. Tompkins

Aisha Tyler: As a comic, and I wonder if you feel this way too, you acquire an affinity for the experience of a bad set. At least, you get inured to it over time.

Paul F. Tompkins:
Oh yeah. Absolutely.

AT: I remember walking out and being like, “Oh, that was the worst set of my life. Oh my god, so funny.”

PFT: So much about um, about any kind of um, career in show business is rejection of one form or another. And the fact that you can get used to it and let it roll off of your back is insane. You know, its really crazy that… I never thought that that would happen. But its like, learning to not take it personally is a thing that just happens over time and its ah… and thank god that it does but…

AT: But to people that it doesn’t, I mean those are the people that wash out or get drug habits…

PFT: Absolutely…

AT: I mean, god bless them, because its not fun to constantly be told you’re not good enough.

PFT: No! No, no, no… you’re judged on your appearance and everything…

Girl on Guy with Aisha Tyler #7: Paul F. Tompkins / 8/30/11

No comments:

Post a Comment