Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The A.V. Club Interview: Chris D'Elia

Marah Eakin: How do you think your acting affects your stand-up, and vice versa?

Chris D'Elia: That’s a good question. I definitely am a performer, and there are different styles of stand-up; I mean, some people are writers and they get onstage to get jokes out, and that’s definitely not what I do. I like to just go up and, if I’m telling a story about someone, I’ll play his or her part. I have always found that funny when somebody really paints the whole picture and is able to get into different characters. I’ve always looked up to guys like that, like Eddie Murphy and Jim Carrey. So in that way, I think the acting kind of helps and colors my stand-up. The opposite is true, too, with auditions. Whenever I have to audition, I just go in and, now that I’ve done stand-up, I’ve bombed in front of 300 people, so I don’t care if I have a bad audition in front of two.

The A.V. Club Interview: Chris D'Elia / by Marah Eakin / June 12, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment