Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Nikki Glaser Pre-Interview

Proudly Presents: What’s the appeal to the audience of stand ups talking on a Podcast Over Going To A Club?

Nikki Glaser: People want to be entertained. We are funny people when we talk.
It let’s them in. It’s more real. Your act. It’s not based around punch lines. I’m much more honest and I get to tell stories on the one liner jokes.

PP: How has podcasting changed your act?

NG: It’s made me more confident stepping out of that joke style on stage. We record the podcast with a small audience. I get to hear what stories work in the room. I take more chances in the living room when we record the podcast. The audience is generally our friends. When I started getting laughs from these stories (not just jokes) It made me more comfortable to tell them on stage.

Nikki Glaser Pre-Interview / Posted on: July 18th, 2012 / proudlypresents.com

No comments:

Post a Comment