Monday, October 29, 2012

The Last Word: Bill Maher

Sean Woods: What advice would you give to the younger you?

Bill Maher: To have a better attitude. I was too sensitive. I used to get insulted if the crowd didn't get the jokes. The correct thing to do is just keep smiling, keep plugging, and if they still don't laugh by the end of the show, say thank you, good night, and get them next time. It's not smart to start telling the audience how stupid they are. And that happened. Many times.

SW: What's the best advice you ever received?

BM: In 1979, at Catch A Rising Star, or one of those New York comedy clubs, Larry David told me to take my wallet onstage, because it would get stolen if I left it in the dressing room.

The Last Word: Bill Maher / Men's Journal / October 2012 / Page 138

No comments:

Post a Comment